SILVERBACK WARRANTY POLICY
Silverback Technologies offers a warranty policy to all alloy framesets as well as our carbon aero technology framesets (CAT), on both road and mountain bikes, subject to stated and listed conditions and guidelines.
Silverback bikes are sold exclusively through our network of authorized dealers only:
- Ovaltech alloy - Limited lifetime warranty
- Generation Frame Technology - Limited lifetime warranty
- CAT/Carbon frames - 3 Years
- Dual suspension frames - 3 Years (excl Suspension Forks)
- Paintwork and Decals - The paintwork and decals are warranted for one year.
- Original Parts - All original parts on the bicycle are warranted for a period of one year n from the date of purchase.
- Original parts - In the case of wear and tear parts, only three months warranty applies, unless otherwise specified by original manufacturer.
- Suspension forks (Front & Rear) - These shall be covered by the stated warranty of their original manufacturers.
- This warranty is against defects in materials and workmanship in the bicycle frame and is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of a defective Silverback frame, Silverback fork or defective frame parts and is the sole remedy of the warranty. In the event of a frame being discontinued and superseded by a new model, the warranty will furnish the owner with the new technology frame (front triangle and rear triangle if full suspension), any original components needing replacing due to lack of compatibility with the new frame will be supplied at cost and are not covered by the warranty.
- This warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferable and extends from the date of purchase.
- Claims must be made through an authorized Silverback dealer and proof of purchase is required.
- The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, improper assembly or follow-up maintenance, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the bicycle as sold, damage or failure due to accident, misuse or neglect, or modification of frame, fork or components.
- Frame corrosion is not covered under Silverback's warranty. It is recommended to keep your bike and components clean, dry and lubed (where applicable) with bicycle specific cleaning agents and lubrications for optimal performance.
- This warranty does not apply where a Silverback bicycle has been modified in any way from its original specifications.
- Register warranty online - www.silverbacklab.com
- This warranty applies only to bicycles that are assembled by an authorised dealer. Please note this warranty does NOT cover any bicycle that is assembled by a consumer.
- When setting saddle height, it is important to ensure that the minimum seatpost insertion is adhered to. Riding with insufficient seatpost insertion can cause permanent frame damage/cracks/personal injury. Damage caused by riding with insufficient seatpost insertion will not be covered by warranty.
Please refer to your owner's manual regarding the use of your bicycle. Do not attempt to duplicate any stunts that are beyond your capabilities. Always wear the appropriate safety gear. Silverback Technologies shall not be responsible for incidental or consequential damages.
Silverback Technologies reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, in color, materials, equipment, specifications, prices and models.
All Rights Reserved
"Silverback" is a registered trademark of Silverback Technologies.
CARBON AERO TECHNOLOGY (CAT)
Silverback Carbon Frames are engineered to withstand high stress, fatigue and peak performance In the event of localized damage due to a crash or accident, Silverback encourages a replacement as the damage can affect the strength of the frame.
Silverback provides a replacement program valid for 2 years from date of purchase, for the original owner, providing the consumer a frame at a reduced price.
- Damage to carbon products can be difficult to visually identify.
- Is it the responsibility of the dealer to inspect frame and report to Silverback Technologies.
- Any external surface damage like dents, chips, fractures, gouges and fraying could be an identification of damage to the composite structure.
- Please refer to dealer for inspection.
- Improper tightening or over-torqueing of clamps, bolts, front derailleurs to frames, seatposts, stems and cages can result to damage and reduce strength. In this instance, warranty policy does not apply.
Dealers have to adhere to and conform to the following:
Torque Specification for carbon frame sets - Seat Clamp: 8Nm Front Derailleur - 4Nm.