BIKE CHECK WITH ROMANIAN NATIONAL CROSS-COUNTRY MOUNTAIN BIKE CHAMPION ESZTER BERECZKI
19-year-old Eszter Bereczki from Oradea, Romania basically grew up on two wheels. She started racing in the big league with her father at the age of 13. Since then Eszter has collected four national titles and won numerous local events.
- 1st place – 2019 MTB XCO National Championship
- 1st place – 2019 MTB XCE National Championship
- 1st place – Romanian Cup at CX 2019
- 1st place – National Championship CX 2017, 2018,
- 1st place junior – MTB XCO Balkan Championship
- 1st place junior – MTB XCO National Championship
It is no surprise that Eszter chooses to race Silverback’s flagship hardtail, the Superspeed SBC. This carbon hardtail features our Monoburst technology where the seat stays joins the top tube without connecting to the seat tube. This helps to absorb the bump forces into the top tube and allows the seat tube to flex a little for added traction and comfort. If you want to read more about the Superspeed, click HERE.
Eszter Bereczki’s Silverback Superspeed
- Frame: Silverback Superspeed SBC Carbon
- Fork: FOX 32 SC Factory
- Drivetrain: SRAM XX1 Eagle
- Brakes: Shimano XTR 9100
- Wheels: Mavic Crossmax Pro Carbon (Boost front and back)
- Tyres: Maxxis Aspen 2.25 EXO
- Saddle: Pro Griffon AF
- Seat Post: Kind Shock Lev Integra 272
- Handlebar: Syncros FL1.0 SL (720mm)
- Weight: 9.5kg (with pedals)
Eszter’s Superspeed is fitted with a SRAM XX1 Eagle 12-speed drivetrain. She is using the ROTOR 2INpower crankset, which measures power output on the crank axle. Her 34T oval chainring helps her maximise her stroke where power is produced and reduce resistance there is no power.
Images supplied by Freerider.ro
She prefers an aggressive riding position therefore she uses a short stem of 60mm with a negative angel of -17 degrees.
Even though Eszter Bereczki is a cross-country specialist she rides with a 65mm Kind Shock dropper post. This helps her to better navigate technical single track by shifting her weight behind the saddle.
Eszter’s Superspeed SBC is kitted with carbon Mavic Crossmax Pro wheels that weight in at 1510 grams for the pair. Currently, she has the Maxxis Aspen 2.25 EXO tyres on her mountain bike but changes it up depending on the weather conditions.
Thank you to Dan Mazilu, from Freerider.ro for providing us with the information and images for this article.